BML-Blackbird is looking for a Transportation Manager to join our team.
· Manage and direct driver pool of between 4-8 drivers
· Schedule daily routes in a fast moving environment while adapting in real time to continuous changes
· Follow all DOT regulations, which includes ensuring drivers conform to regulations, maintaining and filing departmental paperwork, and keeping abreast of industry changes
· Maintain fleet of leased company trucks including overseeing daily driver checks and scheduling vehicle services and inspections
· Acquire additional rental vehicles and/or outsource semis when needed
· Negotiate rates with carriers
· Obtain shipping or delivery quotes for salespeople and managers; negotiate pricing to keep costs down
· Prepare daily delivery reports and maintain logs
· Manage the daily shipping and receiving of packages
The right candidate will have the following:
· Extensive knowledge of Manhattan and surrounding areas
· Experience managing a trucking department, along with hands on Shipping and Receiving
· Working computer knowledge including but not limited to Microsoft Office, email, internet, etc.
· Prior experience with GPS Software
· Ability to think on your feet and make quick decisions in a very fast paced environment
· CDL Class B License with a strong working knowledge of trucks
Experience in a theatrical lighting/video company a plus. This position is in our office in Secaucus Monday – Friday 8:30 – 5:30, however our trucks run 24/7 and the Transportation Manager will need to be responsive after hours for emergencies.
This position is full time, and offers benefits including PTO, health insurance and 401(K). For immediate consideration, please forward your resume today!