BML-Blackbird is seeking a full-time lighting crew chief to join our team. Our ideal candidate has experience in multiple areas of the industry, with a focus on corporate work. Touring experience is a plus, but not necessary.
Our crew chiefs must have a general knowledge of automated lights, conventional lights, LEDs, and keep abreast of the latest technology. Prior experience with audio, staging, or video a plus. Our primary focus is for lighting crew chiefs but also interested in video (cameras, switching, projection, and LED screens in particular) and audio.
Candidates must have:
- Good technical and mechanical skills
- Good computer skills
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to lead as well as work as part of a team
- Ability to think under pressure
- Always present a positive “can-do” attitude
- Basic understanding of rigging, motors, controllers, safe rigging practices
- Basic electrical skills necessary to deal with any part of a show electrical system
The job is full time and offers benefits including health insurance and paid time off.
If interested in joining our team, or to learn more about our available opportunities, please fill out the form to the right.